Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chili Time! @VFW Post 9892 - 24th Chili Cook-Off 2015

It's Chili Cook-Off! And so our team,  Bauang  Tourism  Council decided  to  join  and compete once again  at  VFW Post 9892 - 24th  Chili  Cook-Off 2015. Win or  lose,  it's good to have an entry here because percentage from the sales of their souvenir items like shirts, calendars, etc. will be donated to their chosen organization. There are also raffle draws, that's why  they  are selling  tickets  during  the  event. The entries of competitors came  from  groups  of Foreign  Veterans, as well as some businesses who came from different  places  in the  Philippines and  also some  nearby establishments have their own representatives. Chili Cook-Off was held in Bali-hai Beach Resort, Bauang, La Union. This year's theme is Mickey Mouse. 

Just showing here some of the participants booth. Actually, there are 20 plus contestants. 
Anyway entrance is free. And they can have a free taste too after the contestants submitted each of their bowl of Chili Con Carne to the organizers.

Coconut Grove Beach Resort and China Sea Beach Resort always supports the Chili Cook-Off. They are members of Bauang Tourism Council too.

I love their Mickey Mouse shirts! Indeed, it's Mickey's day on a spicy hours of cooking.
Since Mickey's from our boat centerpiece is on board, we brought Minnie Mouse in our booth too. Well, our booth is like a photo booth where people are coming to goof around with our Mascot. That's pretty Graxia in our booth too.

It's a chill'en a hot, hot day! Spicy, spices, under the heat of the bright sunny day.

The contest started at 8:00 A.M. Participants started to decorate their own booth and my team also started to switch on our burner. As I was always saying in my blog, I am not a Chef but I really love cooking, that's why I know my capacity of competing with those foreigners who are already expert in making a yummy "Chili Con Carne". Instead of cooking our recipe seriously, we just took our time enjoying some other stuffs like decorating our own booth.
# 1 Decorations Award
Thank God! We won!  Most of our decorations are fresh veggies.  I even woke up as early as 3 A.M. just  to make  a  boat  centerpiece  which  are  made of  real chillies.  Thank goodness!  I  am  a  toy collector, that's why I easily found Mr. Mickey Mouse as a standee of our boat. 

Joining contest like this is fun.... Especially if the proceeds will go to a good purpose. They will donate it to the blind students in Baguio.